Thursday, September 27, 2012

ROCKIN' AND ROLLIN'

I was expecting the framers to start this coming Monday but they were actually able to start yesterday. Of course, it drizzled all day yesterday and a good part of today. Would have been nice to be able to keep all the lumber dry but what can you do? Hopefully we'll get some nice weather over the next week or two so that they can get things under cover.

Had somewhat of a mess with the I-joist delivery yesterday. The driver was not able to get up our driveway. He was pulling a 5th wheel trailer with rollers on the bed that allows them to tilt the bed and just "roll" the load off onto the ground. Since there wasn't enough weight over his axle, he was unable to get adequate traction. After tearing up the driveway and cutting ruts on each side, he decided to roll everything off near the end of the driveway. So, when the framers arrived this AM, they had to lug everything up to the house about 700 ft.....some of the I-joists were 48 ft. long so I'm sure they weren't to thrilled. I was not a happy camper last night after observing the mess. I was about to tell the driver that Red Batty could have backed a semi up our driveway without getting off the edge. I would post pictures but it was too ugly for public viewing!

We ordered a mahogany front door on Saturday at a place in Newport, KY. Brought back memories of college days when me, Bimbo Monnin and Granny Gavit used to visit a "performing arts center" there. Anyway, I digress. Some people have suggested that we are silly for going with a real wood door but I just can't buy into a fiberglass door that is made to look something like wood. We'll have some additional maintenance but the door will be protected by the porch which should help.

DP&L continues to be a PITA. I last spoke with them over a week ago and so on Tuesday I emailed asking if there had been any progress made in the past week. No reply as of yet....Grrrr!





1 comment:

  1. Yay frames! The performers in Newport are real classy I imagine... Ha!

    ReplyDelete