Somehow I really blew the estimate on the tongue and groove pine we are using for the porch ceiling. So, over the weekend I bought the additional boards we needed and Barb stained and varnished them.
FINISHING UP THE PORCH CEILING
TRACY AT HIS BEST
Tracy's crew consists of him and his 20 something boy, Jake. Jake does all the cutting and Tracy does all the measuring and nailing which means he spends most of his time on a ladder. I suggested that he is getting too old for that kind of work and should trade places with Jake.
Today he was telling me about the two times he has fallen and gotten hurt. There are other times he has fallen with no damage done. I am discovering that many of the carpenters and other tradespeople who spend a lot of time on roofs and ladders have fallen at some point in time.
Met a rep at the house to discuss the walls for the walk-in shower in the master bath. Although we had tile in our old house and it admittedly looks very nice, it can be a pain in the "arse" to keep clean. So, we are probably going to go with some type of panels on the walls like Swanstone, Corian or other similar manufactured product. They make some nice looking stuff and with sheets as large as 60" x 96" the joints are minimized.
We have had one meeting with a store that sells and installs flooring. My head is starting to hurt from thinking about all the options available. Would like to get all but the carpeting installed before I install the interior doors. That will eliminate the flooring installer having to cut off the bottom of the door jambs to clear the flooring. In the end it results in a neater job.
Next on my list is to get started on a bench/cubby for one of the utility room closets. Rather than a conventional closet with a door, we are planning on something similar to this....
This will provide a place to sit down and remove shoes before entering the main living area.

Porch ceiling is beautiful. I like the cubby in the entry!
ReplyDelete