Yesterday, I finished the transoms over three arches.... a large one between the foyer and great room, one between the kitchen and sunroom and one leading into the bedroom. I would like to claim that the idea of the transoms was my own but I stole it from the Houzz web site. We think it adds a nice touch!
In the last picture, you can see the arch leading into the master bedroom. We weren't entirely comfortable having the bedroom door immediately off the family room so with this arrangement we have a short "hallway" (or foyer ?) which helps to separate the bedroom door from the family room.
I reported in my last post that the septic system is now complete. Once we get a toilet installed I can quit emulating a "bear in the woods". I had always been under the impression that it is not a good idea to have trees in or near the leechfield. Apparently that is no longer considered an issue as ours is entirely in a wooded area of the lot which was the only practical location. Fortunately we only had to remove one small tree about 5" in diameter to make this work. It was necessary to cut into the roots of some larger trees but hopefully they will survive the trauma.
AFTER LEECH LINES COMPLETE
DIGGING HOLE FOR SEPTIC TANK
Barb has decided on quartz countertops and has just placed the order. Originally she was thinking granite but after thoughtful consideration changed her mind.
v
No comments:
Post a Comment