Met with Mr & Mrs Quinter at the lot Friday evening. They will be drilling the well and I wanted to make sure they can get their rig in where I want the hole. Hoping for a good well so that we can use open loop geothermal. If not, will see if we can make a vertical closed loop system work. The problem is getting the required separation between the well, the leech lines, the property lines, the septic tank and the house.
Off to the county offices in the morning to submit application for well permit and also Bethel Township for building permit. Then, back to county offices for a building permit there as well. Of course, a check (as in $) is required at each stop along the way. It's amazing how much has to be paid out for permits and inspections. And, there's not a thing you can do about it if you want to build a house.
We have the foundation contractor (Woehrmyyer out of Minster) lined up for the week of Labor Day so will have to get the excavation for the basement dug around the 30th. I quickly learned from talking with others that Woehrmyer pours most of the basements in Miami County. This convinced me that I need to be using them.
Yesterday, I stopped at a job site and spoke with one of Christine's classmates (Molly Watson) who is a painter. She does nice work so may use her for that aspect of the job.
No comments:
Post a Comment