Yesterday, the foundation contractor poured the garage and basemnent floors. Fortunately the rain held off long enough for them to get the concrete troweled and for the concrete to set up a bit. Today, they were back to saw the concrete and set the forms so that they can pour the porch deck. That will likely happen tomorrow.
I asked them to not use their standard sealer on the garage and basement floors. My plan is to use an epoxy finish in the garage and also in the workshop portion of the basement. Makes for a real nice surface.
THIS WILL BE THE GARAGE ENTRY
PORCH DECK WILL BE POURED OVER THE PLYWOOD,
FORMING THE "ROOF" OF THE SAFE ROOM
The installlation of electric service continues to drag on. The logical way to get service to our house would have been to come from a transformer across (or underneath) a small stretch of our neighbors property. I approached him last week to discuss getting his permission to do so. Unfortunately, he wouldn't even discuss it with me and gave a "flat-out" no. Welcome to the neighborhood!! Unfortunately, the alternative will be more costly and will involve coming all the way up from the road.
DP&L is excruciatingly slow in getting things done. I have to wait for them to come up with the plans and then it has to be approved by two or three people in the chain of command. I was prepared for her to tell me trhat they would need to get approval at the next annual stockholders meeting.
The framer tells me he will be able to commence work late next week or on Monday October 1. Since we will not have electric service by then, I picked upo a used generator fro $150 that should serve our needs in the interim. Since most homeowners barely use their generators, it is easy to find them with very few running hours.
"MISSING" WALLS WILL BE FRAMED
FOR WALK-OUT BASEMENT
Yeah, you don't need concrete walls when there isn't any dirt, but will they need to do anything special with that wall to carry the backside of the house.
ReplyDeleteNope...we'll just have a 2x6 framed wall along the backside. The I-joists for the first floor will rest on that wall just as if it was a poured wall.
DeleteLookin' good!
ReplyDelete