Sunday, October 28, 2012

ANOTHER WEEK GONE...

Well, the framers finished up the front porch on Wednesday. I think it looks really cool and the guys did a great job despite the absence of any Amish in their bloodlines.

Barb made use of the sunroom to stain the beadboard for the porch ceiling. Since it was nailed over the rafters, we felt it would be much easier to stain it ahead of time.


BARB STAINING AWAY


And, the end product....


The HVAC crew started their "rough-in" on Wednesday and should finish that portion of their work by the middle of this week. Everything has gone smoothly with them.
The plumbers started Thursday and so-far-so-good with them as well. It's funny how things that seem to be minor decisions can make one's head hurt. For example, "where would you like the outside faucets located". I never really thought much about it but obviously it's desirable to have them "conveniently" located, wherever that is.

The roofers were supposed to start tomorrow but the rain has set them back about 2 days. At least the house is relatively waterproof now that the front porch is done. The foyer got wet three more times since I last posted and I think that comes to a total of around eight times it has been soaked. It still looks surprisingly good and worst case scenario is that it may require a little sanding depending on what kind if floor goes down. If we use tile, a backer board will probably go down first which eliminates any issues with the subfloor.

I met with a guy today who will do the trenching for the primary electric line from the road to the house. I met with three potential contractors for this work with the first one charging a rate of $3 per foot, the second one at $1.50 and the one today at $1. Since the trench will run about 700 ft. the difference was over $1,000 from the highest to the lowest. Good thing I didn't settle on the first one! More about the electric service to follow.....


1 comment:

  1. Is that a headband?? YES! I'm sure she's a pro at staining after Neal-Pearson. You must have loved the Neal-Pearson ceiling because the new one looks just like it!

    ReplyDelete