The drywall finishers wrapped up their work last week Sunday morning. They were anxious to get to the gun show at Hara Arena so they had an incentive to work quickly. Since then, we have been trying to get as much of the dust collected as possible.
We first vacuumed everything with a Shop Vac filter bag that is suited for drywall dust. I estimate that we picked up 20 lbs. of dust and that was after it had been swept with a broom.
Then, we started to clean it with a carpet shampoo machine. I know this sounds crazy but it was a tip from a contractor I found on the internet. Our HVAC contractor had suggested wet mopping it but the carpet cleaner seems to have been the better choice. Barb and I both had concerns about the dust underneath the carpeting eventually working it's way up into the living space.
TRACY
...AND HIS BROTHER TERRY
STOMPING THE WORKSHOP CEILING
No comments:
Post a Comment