We've been busy painting over the past week or so. Last weekend, Barb and I spread about 18 gallons of primer on the drywall. But before we did that, we wiped all the walls down with a dust mop. Sounds sort of anal, huh? But, we missed a few areas with the dust mop and when we went to prime those areas, it made a real difference on how the paint rolled on. Glad we dusted the walls first.
AFTER A COAT OF PRIMER
PAINTERS ON LUNCH BREAK
I ALLOWED THEM 15 MINUTES
BARB ON A ROLL(er)
Stephanie came down for two days earlier this week and put a finish coat on all the closets and also started trimming out the master bedroom. We're using Sherwin-Williams second best paint (Duration)...never imagined I would be paying $60 for a gallon of paint. But, it sure does go on nicely and covers very well. I figured that for the time we are going to invest in painting we may as well use good quality stuff.
ARTIST AT WORK
Prior to starting on the walls, Barb had been busy painting the exterior trim. I made racks in the garage and lower level so that we could stack all of this material while it dried. It will be nice to not have to paint it once it is on the house. I believe I reported earlier that the siding was painted in a factory in Michigan so there should only be some minimal touch-up once all of the exterior is completed.
DRYING RACKS FOR EXTERIOR TRIM
I hope you remember how awesome your wife is for doing all this hard labor! ; ) You are also kicking butt!
ReplyDelete