Sunday, March 3, 2013

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

I have been reluctant to report on the progress of the siding as it is the one area of this project where I stubbed my toe. We should have had this done long ago but for reasons that I won't get into, we didn't get started until February 11. Part of the tardiness is my fault and part due to the contractor getting started about a month later than he originally expected.
Nevertheless, they are about on third done and the end result ( or should I say one third result) looks very nice. We chose to have the siding pre-painted so there is no experimenting with colors once it is installed. The nice part is that we don't need to figure out how to paint the exterior of a house in the winter.
Fortunately, the delay in getting started on the siding has not really impacted our schedule as we have been working on interior work all along.





As you can see from the photo above, the guys have set up under the screened porch as an area where they are measuring and cutting material. It gives them some protection from the weather during these days when the weather has not been so cooperative.

This week I will be ordering the interior doors and the trim. All of this will be delivered to the shop of a guy I have lined up to do the staining. Hopefully, he will soon start on staining the interior of the windows which of course will be done on site instead of in his shop.

We also will be ordering cabinets this week. We have been working on cabinet decisions for what seems like forever but we are confident they will look very nice.

1 comment:

  1. The colors look great - excited to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete