Several posts back I wrote about big spiders (among other creatures) lurking about our new house. Thankfully the house is pretty tight so they are outside instead of inside.
Yesterday I was moving a tarp around and spotted this fella' shown below....
As you can tell from the ruler, his leg span is about 3". I suspect that if we ever start discovering these INSIDE the house, Barb will have us putting up a "For Sale" sign in short order.
Since we started building, I have seen more snakes than I saw in the entire 25 years we lived on Neal-Pearson Road. Don't know whether it's because we are in the woods or because of the river....probably a combination of the two. On the plus side, we are also seeing lots of birds that we never or rarely saw at our old house. Occasionally we hear a big old bullfrog down at the river so the sights and sounds are an interesting change from what we were used to.
No comments:
Post a Comment