Friday, August 9, 2013

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND


Well, I don't know that the demand was popular but there was at least one stalker crying for more. Sorry for the long period of silence.

There have been some significant changes since my last post....carpeting is now in, kitchen and master bath countertops have been installed and the shower is complete except for sealing the grout.









We are thrilled with the tile work. Tom Cramer who lives here in Tipp City was really helpful in making suggestions on how to make it look nice. We kept things simple with no accent pieces, etc. but it is nevertheless attractive.

I have been tackling the job of outfitting the walk-in closet. You may recall that we were able to score a good deal on a bunch of ClosetMaid product a few months back. We returned to that store and picked up some light fixtures that were marked at about 1/2 the price they originally sold for in Home Depot.

Earlier this week I had a an engineering firm come out and check elevations so that we can submit a Letter of Map Amendment, or LOMA. "A LOMA is a letter from FEMA stating that an existing structure or parcel of land - that is on naturally high ground and has not been elevated by fill - would not be inundated by the base flood." Since a portion of our lot IS in the flood plain, we would have to pay for flood insurance without the LOMA. The LOMA essentially establishes that our house is NOT in the flood plain even though some parts of the lot are. This will allow us to insure the house without paying for flood insurance.

The major project left on my plate is finishing out the stairway. Material is in the shop of the guy that is doing our staining. As soon as he delivers the stained poplar to the house, I can get started on that.

The plumber started with the final stage of his work and was out to install some valves where fixtures will go. By this time next week we should have a working toilet so I will no longer have to commiserate with the "bears in the woods".




1 comment:

  1. YES! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! The kitchen looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete