Wednesday, November 20, 2013

BACKSPLASH and FRONT DOOR

The backsplash is now tiled and we are really pleased with the workmanship as well as the appearance. Sometimes you never know whether you are going to like it till it is done and then it is too late to change.




The front door is FINALLY stained after having been installed about a year ago. I guess the one thing we learned is that the door is well protected from the weather as evidenced by the fact that there were no blemishes from water or other damage. With a little sanding (which would have been necessary had we done it a year ago) it was ready to be stained.

In addition to the stained door, the pic below shows the light fixture we chose for the porch.











I built some shelving in the basement so that we could get some of our "stuff" (junk?) out of the storage units. Yes, we have one in Tipp City and one Huber Heigts. When we put our house on the market way back when, we got one in Tipp to de-clutter. Then, when we sold our house, we got one in Huber to hold all the stuff that would not fit in our office/house. We soon hope to consolidate into one unit and save on the monthly storage charge.



We got the softener installed after dealing with hard water for a month. I knew that a softener was going to be a necessity but I just had not gotten around to buying. I'm glad I put it off as I suddenly realized that I could just move the softener from the office to the house and save ourselves several hundred dollars. Since we only use water to wash hands and flush toilets at the house, having softened water is really not necessary. Adios for now!

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you have bedroom projects in the basement. When you get started, you should continue the blog. I love this stuff. PS. With this really cold winter, how did the geothermal do?

    ReplyDelete